About the "Bachelor of Arts in Economics" program
- The first group of students of the joint program started studying in September 2011
- In the Fall of 2011 we admitted 63 students to the program all of which are financed by the federal government.
- In 2016 69 students were admitted to the program. For 66 of them tuition is financed by federal government, 3 of them pay tuition themselves.
- Most of our students are winners of all-Russian contests and olympiads in Economics and/or Math.
- About the half of our students study abroad for at least 1 semester during their bachelors studies.
- Graduates of the joint program receive two diplomas: of the New Economic School (NES) and the Higher School of Economics (HSE)
- The first two classes graduated from the program in the summer of 2015 and 2016. Some of them countinued their education in world-leading PhD and Masters programs in Economics and Finance, others found their jobs in the industry of interest.
Principles of the joint BA program
- Flexibility and breadth of the academic program
- The program includes not only economic disciplines but also a wide range of courses from different areas of study such as social sciences, humanities, sciences, and mathematics.
- Individual program of study: more than half of all courses in the program are electives so that the students can tailor the program according to their needs.
- Small class sizes give an opportunity of close communication with professors, including regular teacher-student conferences.
- High quality of education
- Students of the joint BA program are taught by the most qualified professors in Russia.
- There are no more than five courses per semester, but each of them requires a large volume of self-study – reading, writing assignments, and group projects.
- Development of communication skills
- Graduates of the joint program will be able to communicate freely and clearly in Russian and in English. They will also be trained in public speaking, discussions, writing essays, articles, etc.
- All these skills are acquired by students in class as well as through participation in workshops and individual tutoring sessions conducted by the Writing and Communications Center at NES. WCC is the first center of its kind at any Russian university.
- Cross-cultural component of education
- By the end of the second year of study students of the joint program are able to communicate, read, participate in classes and write in English.
- Students of the joint program are able to participate in academic exchanges with the leading universities abroad.
- High standards of academic ethics
- There is zero tolerance for cheating, plagiarism and any work that the student has not put effort into. Successful completion of the joint program may only be achieved through hard work.
Program brochure: Program poster: