On November 13
, to mark the NES 25th
Anniversary, the Department of Humanities and Languages held Day of English
. Students of NES MA and BA and the Skolkovo International Gymnasium competed in a quest checking their knowledge of the English language and English-speaking cultures. The English faculty led 6 stations:
- Asking for Cash Station, where students competed to write the best request for scholarship money to their dream university (Ashley Squires and Matthew Overstreet)
- Business Negotiation Station, where teams had a chance to go head to head negotiating real-world case studies (Kevin Cancellaro)
- Don’t get me wrong Station, at which teams had to solve pronunciation puzzles (Tatiana Skopintseva)
- Translation/Interpreting Station, where students tried their hand at translating and competed against other students for the title of best translator (Ekaterina Semyonova)
- Trivial Pursuit Station, where students tried to guess the topic with clues from cue cards (Alyona Ovchinnikova)
- Visual Riddle Station, where students competed to connect the meanings of obscure and interesting visual cues (Anna Volchanskaya)
The event ended with an award ceremony and a hilarious pizza party.
The Department is very much grateful to the students who took part in the quest and the NES staff for their help and support.